Official Sweepstakes Rules
“GAMEAGENT’s HAPPY HOLIDAY HARDWARE SWEEPSTAKES” OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (US) AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS (UK)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 12:00 PM CST December 4, 2014, and ends 12:00 PM CST December 11, 2014, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, or legal residents of the United Kingdom who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and the United Kingdom and where prohibited. Registrants are required to be a member of GameAgent.com to enter.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about December 12, 2014 (the “Drawing Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner, and nine (9) runners-up. The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) Apple iMac with Retina 5K display; 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz; 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM; 1TB Fusion Drive; and AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5 and access to one (1) copy of each of the following Mac games and content:
- BioShock Infinite (Steam)
- BioShock Infinite – Columbia's Finest (Steam)
- BioShock Infinite – Season Pass (Steam) includes
- Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 1: TK Baha's Bloody Harvest (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 2: The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 3: How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 4: Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Steam)
- Borderlands 2 – Headhunter 5: Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Steam)
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Steam)
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass (Steam)
- Call of Duty (Mac App Store)
- Call of Duty 2 (Steam)
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Annihilation & Escalation Content Pack (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Rezurrection (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 1 (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2 (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 3: Chaos Pack (Steam)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault (Steam)
- Company of Heroes Complete: Campaign Edition (Mac App Store)
- Doom 3 (Mac App Store)
- Duke Nukem Forever (Steam)
- Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Parody Pack (Steam)
- Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me (Steam)
- Geometry Wars 3 (Steam)
- Prey (Mac App Store)
- Quake 4 (Mac App Store)
- Rage: Campaign Edition (Mac App Store)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! (Steam)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth (Steam)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: The Complete Edition (Steam)
- SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition (Steam)
- Star Wars: Empire At War (Mac App Store)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Steam)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Steam)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Steam)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition (Steam)
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (Mac App Store)
- The Sims 2: Super Collection (Mac App Store)
- Tomb Raider II (Mac App Store)
Nine (9) runners-up will each receive one (1) copy of one (1) Aspyr Media Mac game or game content of their choice from the above list; and one (1) Aspyr Media t-shirt.
The approximate retail value of the prize will vary depending on the game chosen by the winner, and can range from $33 up to $90 (£21 up to £57)
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Austin, Texas. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Texas and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Texas. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- WINNER LIST. For a list containing the name(s) of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Aspyr Media, Inc. c/o GameAgent Happy Holiday Hardware Sweepstakes, Cielo Center, 1250 S. Capital of Texas Hwy, Building 1, Suite 650, Austin, TX 78746.
- SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Aspyr Media, Inc., Cielo Center, 1250 S. Capital of Texas Hwy, Building 1, Suite 650, Austin, TX 78746 (the “Sponsor”).